Skip to main content

Real User Review #1-OnePlus 9

Hey Guys!We are starting a new series on Mr.FactChecker called "Real User Review" where a person who has used a phone or device as his daily driver gives his impressions about the device.These reviews are very trustworthy as they come from people who has used the device for a prolonged period of time.

Today,we have with us Soumya Sharan Panda with us who has been using the OnePlus 9 for the last 2 months.Read on to find out what he thinks of the phone.
Image Credit:Mr.Whosetheboss

User Profile:
Soumya uses his phone for normal purposes.He is into photography and shoots a lot of photos on his phone.Sometimes,he games on the phone but he is only a casual gamer.He also watches movies and series on his phone.

1)What price did you get the OnePlus 9 for?Did you get any discount on your purchase?From where did you buy your phone from?

Image Credit:Beebom
I got the OnePlus 9 for  ₹ 51,000.I got a discount of ₹ 4,000 on my purchase.I bought the phone from Amazon.Though,I would like to point out that I am not at all satisfied with the experience with Amazon.After,the package showed it has reached Bhubaneswar,the package was never delivered to me.As I had already paid the money,I had to communicate with the Customer Service multiple times.Finally,I ordered another unit.The former package was not delivered and the refund was given 10 days later.

2)What was the previous device you were using?Why did you switched to the OnePlus 9?

Prior to this,I was using the OnePlus 7.I used it for 2 years before switching to the OnePlus 9.
The Hasselblad branded camera was the primary reason which is why I shifted to this phone.The Lilac colour on the back was also reason which appealed to me and made me get the device.


3)How long do you intend to use this device for?

I am quite flexible with upgrading my smartphone.If next year,any brand comes with a better device,I would switch to it.However,my primary preference remains OnePlus.

4)As you mentioned Hasselblad,do you think the cameras are better than previous OnePlus phones?
Image Credit:Mr.Whosetheboss
As a user of the OnePlus 7,I think that the cameras have been improved this year.They have introduced Macro photography and have also made the camera UI customised according to Hasselblad.The 8K video is also not gimmicky as it has a proper frame to it.

But,I think Hasselblad has very limited involvement in the cameras.Mostly,the Hasselblad Collab is just for marketing purposes.

5)This phone has a frame made up of polycarbonate or simply plastic.Do you feel it is solid enough or feels a bit hollow?

The phone in my hand has felt solid and does n't seem to be cheap even with the plastic frame.No complaints here.

6)Do you think the 120 Hz refresh rate makes any difference in your usage?

As mentioned earlier,coming from OnePlus 7,which had a 60 Hz display,I can certainly feel the difference.From scrolling to animations, everything feels a more smooth and polished.

7)How is the battery life on the phone?
I am very happy with the battery on the phone.The battery,being a 4500 mAh cell,powers the device upto a full day for me.However,I am very impressed by the charging speeds on this phone.Being a conscious user,I always put the phone on charging when it has around 15% charge left in it.It takes around 23-25 minutes to fully charge the device.Overnight drain has never exceeded 3% in my usage.Always-On display is not enabled in my device.I also use Wi-Fi connection to watch movies and series on OTT platforms.About 10-12% battery is consumed while watching a 2 hour episode or movies.

8)Phones powered by Snapdragon 888 SoC have reported over-heating.Have you ever experienced overheating during your usage?
Image Credit:Beebom
I have never faced over-heating issues during the usage.While sitting idle too,the phone has never got heated up.I have also played games such as NFS and IGI on this device but it has never overheated.Sometimes,it gets a bit warm but no the serious type which would harm the phone.

9)What about the update situation?What is the security patch you currently have on your device?

My OnePlus 9 currently runs on Android 11.The Oxygen OS version is 11.2.8.8 and it runs smooth without any lags and stutters.I have only received one update on the device till now i.e. the OTA update.

10)What are the things in this phone which you feel has room for improvement?
Image Credit:Beebom
The cameras are good but they still can be made better.There is no official IP-rating on the phone but not a deal-breaker.However,my biggest complaint is that for almost the same price,the US variant has better specs.That phone has wireless charging support and has many 5G bands.This Indian variant has just 2 of them which makes me loathe it.This is just not fair.

11)Will you recommend this device to others?

Definitely,I would recommend this device to others who would consider a phone in this price segment.I have also made 5 of my friends and colleagues made buy OnePlus devices.I am a true OnePlus fanboy!

12)Do you regret your purchase by any means?

So far,my experience has been quite good.So,I have no regrets till now.

13)How much trust you have on OnePlus as a company?Give your answer on a scale of 1-5 stars.

Presently,I would rate them 4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐.
However,until Carl Pei was a part of OnePlus and the codebase of Oxygen OS was not integrated with Color OS,OnePlus was a 5⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ in my books!

14)In future,in case OnePlus shut downs its operations in India,which smartphone brand would you consider switching to?

I would try to remain an Android user.However,if I see no capable phone from Android device makers,I would switch to iOS i.e Apple iPhones.


_______________________________________________
We are thankful to Soumya Sharan Panda for providing us with valuable insights from his usage.
Soumya is a teacher but he keeps tabs on the latest tech scoops and is a tech enthusiast.Do consider following him on his social media handle.



📌📌📌
Disclaimer:
The claims made in the article are all of Soumya's personal opinions.
No part of this publication may be reproduced,stored in a retrieval system or transmitted,in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical,photocopying,recording or otherwise without the prior permission of the publisher.








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#Cancelled: But Is Justice Having a Blast?

“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me”. That's an old saying some of us have heard for years, but our words are genuinely powerful today. If you are not careful, one wrong word or move could get you cancelled. In the age of digital technology, past and present events are accessible at any time with a click. It has always been a challenging time to summon groups of people to join the public fray to challenge others online for past words or actions. In the digital age, past actions regarded as incongruent with current norms are subject to criticism and rebuke. This phenomenon is now commonly called “cancel culture,” a strategy by groups of individuals using social pressure to shun a target accused of offensive words or deeds. The concept of cancel culture lacks a universally agreed-upon definition. Most definitions centre around themes of accountability but diverge regarding their impact. Cancel culture is a blend of fun and fury that exposes

Health Workers continue to resign; Seeking major overhaul in policies.

                      Scarcity of Health Workers                                                         -Piyush R. Prusti This issue is concerning India . Actually why the health workers are unwilling to do their jobs now-a-days ? Is it the fear of COVID ? Definitely not. Since the starting of this deadly COVID-19 pandemic which has no proper treatment or medicine yet,health workers are the one who are making their day and night alike to cure the patients and down surge the active cases. But in these recent weeks,the spike in the COVID cases is a cause of worry for all of us. On the other side many health workers are resigning.There has been oxygen scarcity in the country. Many people are dying for lack of oxygen. It is the government who is controlling the availability of oxygen in the hospitals as per need. If the government cannot make it possible to arrange for the oxygen then how can the health workers save the patients. It is practically impossible on the part of the health work

Coronavirus:Everything you need to know about the pandemic

Coronavirus is also called COVID-19 has turned into a menace for the world.But there has been a lot of ambiguity on the topic hence the article. Coronavirus:What is it?  Coronavirus is any virus which causes respiratory disorders.SARS, MERS and interestingly common cold is also a type of coronavirus.But the latest coronavirus is called as Novel Coronavirus which originated in Wuhan city of China in December 2019.The most probable reason behind the origination of this virus is due to the consumption of meat of various animals, especially bats.The mortality rate of this virus is around 2 percent making it more contagious.It has an incubation period of 14 days.  Symptoms: Most common symptoms: i) Fever ii) Dry cough iii) Tiredness Less common symptoms: i) Aches and pains ii) Sore throat iii) Diarrhoea iv) Conjunctivitis v)Headache vi) Loss of taste or smell vii) A rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes  Serious symptoms: i) Difficulty breathing or shortness of brea